SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS: Below is our facility reopening plan. The method for holding practices, classes and private lessons will be determined by the State of Maryland’s Roadmap to Recovery Phases. Maryland Allstars will adhere to all Federal and State guidelines.
Prior to and including Phase 1 - virtual training
- Only virtual cheer team practices will be held. Each team will have (2) 40 min practices per week via Zoom.
- Virtual practices will include jump drills/ jumps, tumbling drills/ tumbling, flexibility and conditioning, stunt drills, and motions/dance.
- A schedule of practice days/times will be distributed following tryouts.
Phase 2 - limited small groups
- Cheer team groups of 5 - 8 athletes will practice for up to 1.5 hours once a week in the gym depending on level. Maximum allowed in the gym is 10 (5 - 8 athletes, one coach and one front desk person or second coach.)
- Social distancing (6 ft. separation; no spotting) and sanitary guidelines will be maintained for all practices, classes, and private lessons.
- A minimal amount of equipment will be used to avoid sharing.
- Teams that practice twice a week will have 40 minutes of virtual practice once week.
- Limited private lessons may resume and will be scheduled when teams are NOT in the gym.
- Limited classes will be held on Saturdays for MA athletes only. 8 participants max.
Phase 3 - business under new normal standard
- Full team practices will start in the gym on a regular schedule.
- Full Classes will resume to the public.
- Full Private lessons will resume.
Maryland Allstars has had an award-winning portfolio since its establishment in 2008. Our objective is to provide athletes with the highest level of technical training to improve flexibility, strength, stamina, and balance. The physical development of our athletes is complimented with self-confidence, dedication, team work, and leadership. Our coaching staff are experts at every level and give rise to the trends that elevate our sport. We offer half year and full year competitive cheer teams, tumbling classes, open gyms, private lessons, special events, and more. We encourage you to visit our facility, meet our staff, and develop a better understanding of all that defines Maryland Allstars!
2020-2021 FULL YEAR TEAM TRY-OUTS
Come join the Maryland Allstar Sharks for a season of fun and fierce competition! The try-out process consists of a mandatory clinic and evaluation to determine team placement. Everyone makes a team! Tryouts are held for ages 6 and up for all skill levels. Additional callbacks will be held for Level 3-6 teams.
For ages 4-5, we do not hold tryouts. Register in advance online via the links below and select the "Registration" event listed on 5/31/2020. Note: There is a non-refundable fee to register. This fee will be applied towards the season registration fee.
Now accepting video try-outs for 2020-2021 teams! NOTE: PRACTICES START TUESDAY, 5/26/2020
Step 1: Go to www.mdallstars.com and register for try-outs.
Step 2: Attend virtual tryout prep clinic (not required but recommended, especially for those new to cheer). A Zoom link will be sent by noon Monday, 5/11.
Step 3. Email a video to firstname.lastname@example.org
Include athlete's name, age, and birth date. Videos are due by Monday, May 18. Videos will not be considered unless an online registration has been completed.
Videos should be less than 1 minute and show 2 jumps, 2 standing tumbling passes, and 1 running tumbling pass. Visit www.mdallstars.com and check out the Tumbling Code of Pointsin the "Forms" section. NOTE: Athletes should not perform any skills they cannot safely do by themselves.
$75 - Includes tryout t-shirt. Register by 4/15/2020 for guaranteed t-shirt size.
To register for tryouts, select the Appropriate level on the calendar.. Click HERE to register.
2020-2021 Information, Financial, and Try-out Packets are available in the FORMS section.
Kids ages 6-12......Come join us for a super-fun afternoon or evening of Nerf battles!! Bring your own empty Nerf gun. We provide bullets and goggles. Practice shooting targets, play games, and have a Nerf Battle in our obstacle course! Drinks and chip packets will be provided.
Next Event: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 4:30-6:00pm ages 4-6 and 6:30-8:00pm for ages 6-12
Pre-registration is required. To register, click HERE and select the appropriate event on the calendar.
OPEN GYM SCHEDULE
OPEN GYM SCHEDULE:
Saturdays, - 12:00pm-1:00pm
On-line registration is available in the CLASSES section of the website. Free trial classes are available for new members. Experience what a class at Maryland Allstars can do!
CHEERLEADING FOR ATHLETES WITH DISABILITIES
Maryland Allstars is incorporating a cheerleading team for athletes with disabilities. Please spread the word about this new team! For more information, email Sandy@mdallstars.com or call (410)552-5499.
Effective 7/1/2019, a $35 annual membership fee is assessed for anyone participating in classes and/or private lessons at Maryland Allstar Athletics. The fee will be imposed on the first visit on or after 7/1/2019 and be valid for a 12-month period from the time you enroll.
Current team/class members can access personal accounts, register on-line, and view the MA message board via our Customer Portal. Username is the email address provided at registration. First time users, click "forgot password" and a password will be emailed. To access the Customer Portal, click HERE